Tuesday, January 6, 2009

a prayer

Dear Lord, I have been profoundly struck by the pain and suffering all around me recently, and I have to say it can be awfully difficult to see where it is you are working. Sometimes I am not sure you are listening when I am talking to you. When I see the suffering, the hurt, and the frustrations of so many people my first inclination is to ask why, but this is a frustrating question. I am often left sitting with that question and never any answers. But then I think to myself, what other questions are there? The "why" question seems to strike at the heart of what I am looking for, but somehow I feel that even if I got an answer I would still not be satisfied. Please help me. I need patience. I need wisdom. I need grace for myself and for others. Please listen to me and speak for I desperately desire to hear your voice....

No comments: